Saturday, October 31, 2009

I've been handed a civil summons from a Arizona county clerk, from my auto loan co., what happe

I stopped making payments on my new car because of financial and work trouble, and after a few months it was repossessed. I knew that my credit was at risk, and I was perfectly okay with that. I got a couple more calls and photocopied letters over the next couple months. And then today, this guy with an ID wallet knocked on my door, and said he was presenting me a civil summons. The packet of paper looked official with a bunch of county emblems on it...and my head started to fill with thoughts like: Am I getting charged with something? Am I getting sued? Am I going to jail?! He then asked me some basic questions (DOB, etc.,) and politely left. When I went back in I read through the papers, and it just seemed like it was a longer, extravagant version of the photocopied letters, presented to me in person by a guy from the courthouse with an ID wallet. So what happens next? Am I getting charged with something? Am I getting sued? Am I going to jail?!



I've been handed a civil summons from a Arizona county clerk, from my auto loan co., what happens next?

A summons is just that: it is summoning you to appear in court at a certain time and date to determine what is going to happen to you with regard to the money you owe the loan company. Most likely, they will get a judgment against you for the amount you owe. You can testify to the circumstances of why you defaulted on the loan and ask to have a payment plan set up. The fact that you have ignored this problem is not in your favor. It won't just go away. You must answer now to a judge who will not necessarily help you out. If you can, get legal advice so at least you can repay on your terms instead of the loan company's.



I've been handed a civil summons from a Arizona county clerk, from my auto loan co., what happens next?

I think when they repossess your car is does not absolve you from paying the loan on the car. So, you still owe them the amount of the car loan.



You need to get a lawyer.



I've been handed a civil summons from a Arizona county clerk, from my auto loan co., what happens next?

Clean out the Colt is what I say!



I've been handed a civil summons from a Arizona county clerk, from my auto loan co., what happens next?

TALK TO A LAWYER ASAP



I've been handed a civil summons from a Arizona county clerk, from my auto loan co., what happens next?

It sounds to me that the car sold for less then you owed. In that case you are liable for the difference. Because you have apparently ignored previous letters requesting payment, they have filed a lawsuit. The guy that came to your door handed you a summons to appear in court. If you are not able to determine from the paperwork he gave you when to appear, contact the court for instructions. You can't go to jail over unpaid debt in the US, but if you don't appear in court, they win by default.



I've been handed a civil summons from a Arizona county clerk, from my auto loan co., what happens next?

they sold the care for less than you owe so you are being sued for about 10 grand. you will lose but they cannot collect what you do not have. but if you have an IRA they can grab it.....and they have 10 years to collect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment